August 5, 2007

I'm Turning into Quite the Little Joiner!

So, I think I posted that I joined Dish Rag Tag - which officially started on August 1st. Our Team (Happy Yarn Hags) Captain Cass has the box and will be sending it off to Mia on Monday. I just hope the box doesn't arrive on my doorstep while I'm in Hawaii! Today, I decided to join Knit 1 Tea 2. It will give me something to take my mind off The Princess being gone :{ I like knitting and I enjoy a good cup of hot tea. Wish I spent more time on my patio by the pond doing both - maybe this will encourage me to slow down and have more me time. Anyway - here are my answers to the questionnaire: Knit 1 Tea 2 Color Swap Questionnaire *Do you like loose tea or bags, or both – something you want to try? I use both. Although generally I want a cuppa' right now and just drop a tea bag into a mug. *What is your favorite kind of tea (Brand, flavor, variety, etc)? I love the fruity flavors of tea, but my absolute all time favorite is Constant Comments Orange Pekoe - it reminds me of my Grandmother who is no longer alive. *Favorite color in regards to tea or one you would like to try? (black, green, red, and white) (keeping in mind that this is how this swap is set up). Black and white - I really like the lightness that white teas seem to have. *Would you say you were a tea pot kind of person or just a hot water heater kind?JB installed an insta-hot in our kitchen, so I generally go with hot water although I have a beautiful teapot that I got as a gift when we lived in England. It has a little crack, so I rarely use it. *What tea accessories would you like but have never purchased for yourself? A really great tea ball for use with loose teas, or possibly one of those cute tea-for-one pot and cup sets. *How do you prefer to be pampered? (examples: mani/pedi, bubble bath, yummy treat, etc). Pampered? I'm the mom, I rarely do that. I guess keeping up with regular hair cuts and color treatments (I'm old and the gray insists on shinning through!!). *If you were a kind of yarn what would you be and why? Anything by Debbie Bliss. Cashmerino! I love how soft that yarn is and the fabulous soft colors it comes in. *If you had to knit/crochet baby booties, a fun fur scarf, or a fair isle sweater, which would you choose and why? Well I took a class last year to learn fair isle because it really interests me. I might go with the fair isle just to say that I did it, but I'm not very good at stranded knitting. *What other event would make you skip a tea party? (A garden party? A book club meeting? A yoga class? Opening night for a new action thriller? etc?) Theatre tickets or any type of dog event. I am a huge dog lover (have 4 hounds of my own) and spend lots of time doing stuff with them. *What treat would you consider essential at your tea party? (Sweet? Salty? Scones? Those petite pastry trays with a couple of all sorts of things? Little crust less sandwiches?) Hmm, I've always likes the idea of cucumber sandwiches - but really - scones. Especially is someone else makes them, I'm not much of a baker. *When buying yarn for a project how do you choose - do you buy the one called for or do you substitute? I generally start with the suggested yarn, touch it, fondle it, look at yardage and price and then decide if I like it. If I do, I'll go with it. If not, I know the recommendations and can substitute from there. *What do you carry your knitting/crocheting in when on the go? Currently, I'm carrying stuff in a huge purse in Ziploc baggies. Which is really bad because I have some fabulous knitting bags. I like bags that have pockets and areas designated for holding the necessary tools. *Favorite movie to watch while knitting/crocheting? I love Meg Ryan, any sappy romance movie. *Are you a traditional tea cup kind of person or a mug type of person? Do you care if they match? I'm really more of a mug kinda gal. But I do have a wonderful tall china cup with a dog on the outside that I really enjoy using. *Favorite childhood birthday party? Not mine, but one we held for The Princess. It was her 10th birthday party and we did a "backwards" theme. We sent Thank You notes rather than invitations. Put the balloons all over the floor, the kids sat under the table to eat - it was a lot of fun. *Favorite type of scone and jam? I love pumpkin scones, they are frosted so don't need jam. If I'm going to have jam, then I like a light lemon flavor with raspberry jam. *If you use candles, what is your favorite scent? Vanilla. I'm really a plain and boring vanilla kinda gal. *If you could choose 3 people to have 'tea' with, who would they be and why? (famous or not, living or dead). Hmmmm - The Princess - to spend a little uninterrupted time with her; Camilla - because she cracks me up and I want to see if she's as funny in person; and Carolyn - because I really like her style and sewing ability and would love to meet her in person. There are many, many other friends - blog friends, dog walking friends, but you said 3. *You've been invited to a tea party, what 'props' will you wear (formal or casual)? Somewhere in between. I would wear either a cute skirt with a t-shirt and sandals or a dress. *Any allergies/preferences you have or are willing to admit to? Nope. *Anything we missed that you want your pal to know? I don't think so. You did a great job with this questionnaire.

5 comments :

  1. I am flattered. Go read my blog, then decide if I'm possibly too dangerous to be around. My two brain cells are not speaking to each other, and I had to get the police involved... I'm serious. It's now 2:06 a.m. and I'm off to bed. I think my anxiety has subsided. Your kind comment helped, dear lady. Cami

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm going to have to go check out this swap! I'm getting ready to join the Felted Bag swap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i keep reading about this swap! I need to join

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOOK....I can comment!!!! Now, lets see if it actually posts.
    Anywhoot...i wish that i could play along...maybe for the next one? The plan was to buy more dishcloth yarn today, BUT, you know how today went! I know...i will buy some dishcloth yarn, and send it to you! :o)
    Hope you are not blue...hugs to you.
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will you share your pumpkin scones?! I'll bring the pumpkin butter...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs