January 2, 2008

Works In Progress

I am slowly making progress on the embroidered flannel jumper from Simplicity 3673. Yesterday I morphed all the lines of the multi-size pattern and cut out muslin. Since this jumper is very fitted through the waist, I need to make sure it will fit before cutting into my 'good' fabric. I plan to move the zipper to the side seam and line the entire dress. Other than that - I will proceed as directed. On the knitting front I have another pair of socks on the needle. Ever since Miss C challenged me to try knitting socks toe up using the magic loop method that's how I've made socks for JB. I know how many to cast on, I know how fast to do the toe increases, I even know exactly where to put the ribbing that goes around the arch of his foot (he likes that part best), I have all the measurements written down for where to start the heel and ideally how long the sock should be given there is enough yarn. This pair is being made from Pagewood Farm's hand dyed sock yarn the color is called Mississippi Mud it's a 70% Merino/20% Bamboo/10% Nylon blend that is a dream to knit with. A skein contains 4 ounces which equals 450 yards in this weight. I'm knitting it up on US size 0's with 68 stitches in K1P1 rib. I have about 1.5" until I'm finished. JB picked out this color so he will wear them. Oh - and it's $18 for a skein from Great Yarns!
The last project on the needles is The Cobblestone Pullover by Jared as published in the Fall Interweave knits. I'm using Knit Picks Swish a superwash merino. Currently I just finished the 10th decrease round so the end is now in sight. Hopefully JB will like this sweater better than he likes The Man Sweater from last year. Well we will know if a week or so.

3 comments :

  1. Looking good! You sure are productive. Busy, busy... Can your dogs teach Sissy not to eat yarn?

    ReplyDelete
  2. loverly socks! Remember we have said that we like to knit them, but not where handknit socks? Well, move to the frigid North my dear...i am SO GLAD that i have some handknit socks...they ROCK!!! i guess they were itchy and hot in the Mojave Desert. Not so here in the Great North!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been the busy little bee. You are doing a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs