March 19, 2008

A Good Trade

Once upon a time I purchased 5 skeins of Rowan 4 Ply Soft to make a sweater to go with the cute daisy skirt I made last Spring. Unfortunately, I didn't have the fabric with me when I was shopping and the wool purchased - while lovely was too pink. Thanks to the magic that is Ravelry and a Monday holiday, I photographed and inventoried all my fiber. Since I was no longer sure what this pink yarn wanted to become - I listed it under the "Will Trade or Sell" header. Low and behold, I got a couple of messages. One lot of fiber I sold and the other - this one - I traded. This is what I got in exchange. This lovely pink Sundara sock yarn. This is destined to become a pair of socks for me. Apparently I am only allowed to have pink hand knit socks. This grey Regia sock yarn is destined to become a pair of earl grey sock designed by Stephanie (otherwise known as the Yarn Harlot). I think these will be a nice change from the boring rib socks I usually make for JB - because nothing breaks up boredom like endless stockinette and cables :) Tonight is knitting at Great Yarns! look for finished object pictures later in the week.

3 comments :

  1. What a novel idea - utilizing Ravelry. I need to do that...

    Love the polka dots in the other post too. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs