March 30, 2008

Hats Off

Once upon a time my friend Chan wrote a post about her friend Anne and a project that is touching her life more than she would like. Her project is SubLYNNminal Healing. Ann was asking that soft hats be knit for her cousin. Well - since I only seem to knit for others, how could I refuse? I made the pink hat in a very soft merino wool. It has a seed stitch bottom band which overlaps and closes with a very pretty button. Ann said that Lynn's head circumference is 24" and I tried to knit for that, but these hats feel huge! However, they are soft and warm. The second hat knit from a very cute pattern which I found on ravelry. I think it's called the Amanda Hat and if you're on ravelry it can be found here. Both hats were knit on 6mm needle, in the round. I cast on according to my gauge and knit away. I hope they fit. They will be handed over to the mailman tomorrow.

4 comments :

  1. You are the livin' best. Both hats are very lovely! I haven't finished mine yet... Cleaning and spinning class cut into my knitting time, and Fredfoot called to me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What awful, awful news about your friend's cousin. Good thoughts and well wishes are sent her way.
    The Amanda hat is a lot of fun. I made one too. The designer
    http://sleepyeyesknitting.blogspot.com/
    is collecting photos in a gallery on her website (if you wanted to send one in to her) and had a contest. My sister won a special prize... she made seven or eight of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty color! You do such nice work, G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in hat envy!! I had so much trouble with my Amanda hat and yours is WONDERFUL!! Teach me Teach me!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs