April 27, 2008

Coffee and Sunshine

Let's pretend for a minute we all live in the home of our dreams, have land, and don't have to work so time is unlimited! It's Spring planting season! What would you grow? A little veggie garden? A bed of bright spring blooms? Or is your thumb so far from green that the only thing you'd be planting is your tushy into a nice chair on the porch to get some knitting or crocheting done in the nice breeze? Well for a couple of years now, JB and I have had many, many discussions about this. The home of our dreams would be a converted barn. But wait - you don't want to know about the house, really! I would have a small vegetable garden - not because I like to garden, but because I think it's a good thing to do. I would grow - lettuce, carrots, peas, butternut squash (my favorite), beets, cucumbers - etc. Mostly salad stuff with a few other veggies thrown in. Thankfully, JB is the gardner in our home - knitting and garment construction are my loves - gardening and wine are his. So, in reality, my tushy would be firmly planted in one of two spots. In one of our Adirondack chairs in the sunshine on the front lawn, or at the patio set by the pond in the back. Either way I would have knitting or hand sewing with me as well as some sort of beverage depending upon the time of day :)

2 comments :

  1. Oh, I would *love* to live in an old barn home! I've seen such wonderful examples in magazines... most of them were open, rustic, and fun. With so many options using features such as old haylofts and/or the big slding doors.
    I also would love to garden... unfortunately we live down in a small holler. No sunlight to speak of. So no vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, that crane sculpture is the coolest. thing. ever. I need something of his ilk in my ugly, overgrown yard... does he have relatives? The landscaping is beautiful, G... gorgeous place to just *be*. Cami

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs