July 22, 2008

Mockery

After sewing off the top of the bamboo socks - I immediately wound this beautiful Claudia Hand Painted Yarns into pretty little cakes. I have been watching the periodic progress of Miss C's Mockery Socks (which were actually designed by Live 2 Knit, it's a free pattern - go look). Well I really like knitting both socks at the same time (Thanks Cami, you were right). But I also love my double pointed needles - so, generally I will cast on with double pointed needles and get started that way - work a few rounds, then move the sock to the long circular needle and get the second sock started. A few rounds with my sharp, pretty double points, then both socks at the same time. I thought this pattern would look best in a semi-solid - this lovely pistachio color fits the bill quite nicely. There is the occasional splash of strong color - but I've worked the first 10 rows of the pattern tonight and it's working up nicely.

4 comments :

  1. That yarn looks even better in your photo. Can't wait to see the socks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice color. These will be lovely socks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't you just -love- claudia hand-paints? i have one cake of "toast" waiting to become something lovely.
    have fun with the mockeries. and please, can we keep the 'you were right's to a minimum in regard to Cami? She gets enough of those from me! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs