August 21, 2008

A Minute

It has been a whirlwind visit by The Princess. It truly feels like she's only been home for a minute. We have been very lucky this visit, first we knew she was coming. Second, in an attempt to save money, she spent most nights at home. Tonight we all went out to dinner. I bet you all thought I only had 2 daughters. Well unbeknown to me - we have three. That would be The Musical One, Miss L, and The Princess. Miss L is the one we call whenever the dogs need sitting. She is invited to all birthday dinners and makes and appearance on most holidays. She is the same age as The Musical One, but friends with both girls. So far, we have been required to take her out for her own birthday dinner.
Our waitress offered to take a photo of the whole family. That would be JB, me, The Princess, The Musical One, and Miss L. We will miss her when she goes back to The Littles, but it was nice to borrow her for a minute.

6 comments :

  1. what a lovely photo! we have a male version of Miss L. there is a boy who lives across the street. he's the same age as my oldest, but has more interest in common with my youngest. he is over here all. the. time. since he only has two older sisters. i consider him my 3rd child. i tease him that he hangs around any longer, i will start assigning him chores too. :) i think it is terrific to have a friend like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, that is so nice that you got to spend some time with her even only a minute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great photo! I guess I was the Miss L in my childhood best friend's family. In fact, there was at least one scene when her mom introduced me as her adopted daughter... the person I was being introduced to stopped to call my friend's mom out on what a rotten thing it was to tell everyone I was adopted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't saving money grand? So glad you're getting a great visit in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww! Thanks mom! I had a great time! And yes.. you might just have to start taking Laura out for her birthday dinners soon too! :)

    Love you and miss you much!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs