September 19, 2008

How Come You Never Miss

something until you can't have it? Today I had to have some labs done. One involved a fasting blood test. What? You mean I can't have coffee! UGH! Really, I'm okay not eating, I often forget to eat until later in the day - but coffee! I never forgot that. In fact, JB pours my first cup before leaves for work. After donating 8 tubes of blood! I then headed straight to the nearest coffee stand. By now it was 1:30 and I was desperate and headachy! After getting coffee, I stopped by Pacific Fabrics. I'm not sure what I was looking for, but I walked around for awhile, looking at fabric. I found some beautiful wool - but at $25/yard it's too pricey for my skill set :) I'll call Kashi or order from Fabric Mart! Anyway, I was getting ready to leave when this brown print knit caught my eye. It was $10/yard (which still scares the beezeesus out of me) and I brought home 4 yards. I'm thinking wrap dress? and hopefully there's enough for a tee.

8 comments :

  1. that is stinkin' cute, G. A retro-print wrap dress is just the thing... you can wear it to the coffee shop and practice looking nonchalant in it, even as every fiber of your being screams out for the blessed elixir! prolly I need to go medicate now... again... I miss coffee. hot things can be added back next week. and food. food will be good, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fabric is cute and will make a great wrap dress and a great tee...just make sure to add some black knit to give it a border...a place for the eyes to rest...

    BTW, your BWOF went out today...let me know when you get it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be a rough start to the day!

    Yes, a wrap dress will be awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHHHH, CUTE in a wrap dress....yes....love it!! Will send you my measurements PRONTO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to get blood glucose tests done every year or so, and dread them! I feel your caffeine pain!

    Love the fabric. Wrap dress and tee sound great! I'm not that keen on $10/yd prices, either. I'm trying to get some sewing done this weekend. I need to start my Thanksgiving dress soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it's lovely! I want some :-) It will be a fabulous wrap dress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty! So, how did the tests come back?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs