September 27, 2008

I Got It!

After Carolyn posted about Burda World of Fashion stepping up their game we had a wonderful conversation about it. See my co-worker (JD2) tried to pick up a copy when he was at a convention in Boston. Neither he nor his wife could find it, so for an early holiday gift - they ordered me a subscription which was to start with the September issue and has yet to show up. So, Carolyn very nicely offered to pick up a copy and send it to me. I got it last week and have been so busy running around like a chicken I forgot to let her know it was here! I got it last Saturday - Thank you very much Carolyn. I can't wait to make something from it. I also got this yarn (scroll down, it's the pink one) from Miss C. The pink and chocolate dalmatian wanted to see how the deck was progressing, so I obliged. She arrived looking a little tired and in knots, but I soon got her into a more relaxed cake-like position.
Now - I'm currently in the process of making knots again - this time with 2.00mm needles to get gauge - then I'll split her up and start some very simple socks.
Or, maybe I should make a coat for one of the dogs. What sayeth you?
Thank you Carolyn and Camilla - I love both of the gifts.

3 comments :

  1. My Sunday is to be spent 1.)test-driving the CAR, and 2.) with the Becher kinder at a birthday party where the B-day girlie's mom has rented a bouncy-house. Good Lord, I hope nobody barfs in it. Hoping you have a wonderful day knitting socks for your feet... unless Abigail actually *does* require an auxillary coat. Happy knitting! C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear...that yarn looks like peppermint ice cream....i want to eat it.
    lovely gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That yarn is incredible! Can't wait to see what you do with it. (And crud. I was to knit a new coat for Abby this week, but I forgot the yarn and her measurements!)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs