October 17, 2008

Yarnny Birthdays

I have a birthday coming up. It's not a "Big 0" birthday like one a certain bloggy friend, it's a half. But for some reason it's been really hard. Well my knitting friends knew that. So this week when I showed up at knitting - I was tired and just sitting there for awhile before getting out my knitting. When along came Miss D with a pie (homemade pumpkin cheesecake) with one sparkling candle. I was shocked and surprised. Everyone helped celebrate my birthday early and big fun was had. Miss D - however, always comes through with the snarky, perfectly appropriate, fabulous gifts. This time, there was a lovely little tea set - which had a great tea bag holder, a heart shaped infuser and some huckleberry tea. Also in the package was a new doggy notepad.
There were some fabulous cocktail napkins. I haven't unwrapped them -so there is glare off the plastic. But they say, "Seize the moment! Remember all those women on the 'Titanic' who waved off the dessert cart." Erma Bombeck We have now decided that's how we are going to live our lives.
The final blurry picture is of the fabulous embroidered runner and doilies. They will be gracing the floating shelves in the studio. They will help beautify my sanctuary - and give me something to stop and stare at while enjoying a great cup of tea and contemplate the next step in a project.
Thanks Miss D - for making what's been so hard much easier :)

8 comments :

  1. OMG...i almost bought you that notepad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many of you having birthdays - Sissy's is next Friday too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, ain't that the truth?!? I've always said that I'd hate to pass up that cookie only to get hit by a semi and die the next day. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a happy, happy birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel better about my birthday, because Kevin finally got the finished crown for the tooth I broke back in August. In conversation, he asked if I was 35 or 40, and confessed he'd never even read my chart. Since my oldest son is approaching 24, I'd have hopped up and hugged him if my mouth hadn't been full of equipment. Glad you had big fun, and I'd send you a big applesauce meringue cake (which you could share with your furry friends) if it weren't so damn far! And I'm still older than you, so don't sweat it! Tell JB he can do all the aging this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to you! I'm so glad your knitting friends helped you celebrate,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. It ain't so bad getting older - I promise! Happy birthday and I gotta tell you I LOVE the doggy notepad! I gotta find me one of those to keep on my desk at work, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can I agree with Sharon!!!! Happy Birthday early...and ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs