December 2, 2008

Fall Foods

The final weekly topic of the Amazing Autumn Coffee Swap is all about fall foods. I love anything with pumpkin - sweet or savory. I've made some really good pumpkin pancakes and the newly named punkies (Easy Pumpkin Brownie), pumpkin muffins, pumpkin pasta and pumpkin stuffed shells. I love pumpkin ravioli. However, JB doesn't love the pumpkin like I do - so the good ol' Fall standbys are - in no particular order: *Beef Barley Soup *Turkey Shepherd's Pie *Lasagna *JB's Spaghetti Unfortunately, there really aren't easily sharable recipes.

6 comments :

  1. ok, it is 9:10 in the morning, and now I am starving!Thanks! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. I should have a new pumpkin cake recipe for us this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love beef barley soup. I also throw barley in my stew. Love lasagna, but I don't cook it. No one in my house will eat shepherd's pie. Spaghetti is a great comfort food; we have it one night each weekend, when I'm feeling lazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not sure you would have seen this last year. It is awesome!
    Baked Pumpkin and Onions
    Pumpkin Slices, peeled, 1/2 inch thick
    yellow onions, peeled and sliced
    salt and pepper
    olive oil or melted butter
    Brown sugar

    Arrange layers of pumpkin and onions in a buttered baking/casserole dish. Add a bit of salt and pepper and repeat layers to desired amount. Tip with a few spoonfuls of brown sugar and a drizzle of olive oil or melted butter.
    Bake, uncovered, at 350° F for 30 to 45 minutes, or until fork tender.
    Butternut (or other hard) squash can be substituted for the pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have "go to" recipes when I'm feeling lazy and spaghetti and shepher's pie are a couple of them. I've never had Barley Soup before.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs