January 12, 2009

Handknit Socks

1::12 One of my resolves this year is to knit 12 pairs of socks from stashed sock yarn. Should be easy enough. So, toward that end - here's the first pair. The yarn is hand dyed with Wilton Food Color Paste by Miss C. Socks were originally started in September 2008 and then the yarn was returned to stock in December. I took them on vacation with me, but they were not a high priority. I knit them on the first leg of our flight and then they got put away not to be taken out again until I finished a pair and didn't feel like starting the Eagles socks. These are toe up with a new to me and very easy heel gusset and flap. They fit great and feel super comfy. I truly knit until there was barely enough yarn left to bind off. The pattern is a variation on Charades - same as the socks for Miss L - which by the way are so tight she can't get them on! Thankfully, my socks don't have the same problem. I already have the next pair for 2009 on the needles and am halfway through the foot.

6 comments :

  1. so cute...perfect Valentines Day socks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. excellent idea! i need to think of a way to translate this idea to sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 12 pairs of socks. I like the idea of calling it my own stash sock club...

    ReplyDelete
  4. 12 pairs of socks sounds very ambitious to me. I want to see what you've got done by spring retreat.

    Delurking. . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely socks - when I see pics like these I truly wish I could knit (I can't - drop tooo many stiches). Nice work and dyeing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're off to a great start! I like the color of those.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs