March 11, 2009

Comfort for Chan

Chinese Spaghetti and Meatballs is a Rachael Ray recipe. I love Rachael Ray, I think she has some good ideas. Some of them need work. This was a good idea that needed work. Put a pot onto boil for whole wheat spaghetti. While the spaghetti is cooking, heat a large skillet and coat the bottom with vegetable oil. When the oil is hot, drop in sliced snow peas, red bell pepper, scallions, ginger & garlic (I added asparagus and water chestnuts). Stir-fry about 2 minutes, then add spinach. When wilted add soy sauce, sesame oil and cooked pasta (having reserved some of the pasta water). Toss around to heat through, adding pasta water to make a sauce as desired. Serve with toasted sesame seeds. The original recipe has baked chicken meatballs. Personally, I think she makes them too big, I think they should be tiny and bite sized. I did add the meatballs, but I did not photograph them to save Miss D. Please see the original recipe (linked above) for amounts and real directions. This is a fairly quick meal to cook, easy and good. Personally I think there needs to be more veggies than pasta - but adding the asparagus and water chestnuts were a good idea.

3 comments :

  1. Everything is better with asparagus and water chestnuts, and I'm with you in having bite sized meat chunks in pasta recipes! I always think there should be more veggies than pasta, which my oldest son says is heresy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you! Actually, that sounds great, even first thing in the morning.

    I'm thinking happy thoughts for you today. Let me know, K?

    Anon Miss D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious!

    btw I nominated you for a Bobby on Rav

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs