August 13, 2009

Thorsday

Tuesday was "the Twins" (Beau & Lucy) birthday. They turned 6 - don't say anything but happy birthday, I'm less than pleased that they are six already. Anyway - our little town has a parade every year and we say it's to celebrate their birthday. As far as we know - the first parade was held on their first birthday. So there! At the parade last night we met Thor! Seriously - doesn't that look like Thor? Melly handed me her leashed and went over to talk to the big guy's people. I think she said he was 4, he stood nose to top of the head with the couple's toddler. Way too cute. Many of you know that Beauregard hates the parade. He doesn't think the treats at the latte stand and the pizza crust are enough of a birthday prize to make the terror of the parade worth it. Poor boy. He has finally learned if he lays down the big scary noises are less likely to get him. You can't tell - but he's shaking like a leaf in that photo. Lucy is also less than impressed with the parade. Dudley & Abigail have fun though. They love seeing the other dogs who come to the parade and seeing all the basset from basset rescue being all dressed up. Abby especially loves all the attention she gets from the humans at the parade. Maybe next year for their birthday we'll leave Beau & Lucy at home - maybe . . . .

9 comments :

  1. It is scary how quickly they age - isn't it??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday X ten. My guys would love to party with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's lighter than Thor, more like our first mastiff, but he sure is a good looking fella. Poor Beau, afraid at his birthday parade. Thor is afraid of big noises, too, and tries to hide under things. Then the noise can't find him. I'm sure Beau got lots of extra hugs to make up for his terror!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Give them both a big hug for me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure that a year away from the SeaFair pirates would make Beau a happy boy! Happy Birthday smooches to both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to the big hounds! Of course the short hounds love it; bassets are just insanely social creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Give the doggies a birthday rub from me! How cool is is that they have a parade? Thor looks like he's having a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Happy Birthday:). Mr. Bettis is hoping they get some very special treats.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs