September 24, 2009

Not a Sock

Can you believe it? I knit something that wasn't a sock. I know, right? This is the newest trend in scarfs/shawls going through the blogosphere. It's a long, narrow triangle scarf, but it's rather shawl-like in that you can drape it around your back and shoulders with enough "tails" to hang from your shoulders. The pattern designer shows it as modeled by Lou in the first photo. With the point in the front, the tails wrapped around behind and tied in the front. This one is make from a red/pink Malabrigo worsted weight yarn. It's lovely to knit, fantastic to wear. This was knit as a gift for a friend who's favorite color is the combination of pink and red. The birthday party is tomorrow. Finish just in time.

8 comments :

  1. It's lovely! Anita's spinning a red semi-solid right now too. Me likey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Where's the pattern. I would love to make one. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always amazed at what comes off your knitting needles! Love everything you've posted lately!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice and it's not a sock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Off to stalk your pattern page. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, that's lovely!
    So, do you think Chan is fishing up there? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi G -

    You and Chan must be on a roll. Yours is beautiful in red. This and you got all your socks done for the year too! I'm so envious!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs