October 22, 2009

Knit Night

I have been wanting to knit stockings for my family for years - literally. Thanks to the sock knitters anonymous group over on Ravelry, I have finally found the pattern. See that pretty little beauty? That's the falling snow stocking and it's free over at Rav. See - just another reason to join. I started by letting JB pick his color. It's the front "Eagles" teal the group photo. I then had to find colors that worked with the teal. I knew The Princess would be getting pink - but wasn't sure about what I wanted and what to get for The Musical One. She would have liked orange or blue - I think. We had a group of 5 of working on coordinating the colors - because they will all be hung from the mantel together they have to "work" together but look good individually as well. Anyway - I'm knitting them with Cascade 220 with pair each one with white. Not very traditional - but I'm hoping they'll become heirlooms.

8 comments :

  1. what a wonderful idea!! they will look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the colors you picked. I might have to copycat...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love making Christmas stockings. I have a knitting pattern I use a lot. I made Rob one similar to yours the year we got married. It's done in gray and white.

    I like to sew them too. We have lots of stockings. Wish there was a market for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely stocking! Great idea to let them choose their own colors. They are heirlooms for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those stockings are going to be lovely! Can't wait to see them knit up.

    Happy Birthday!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous!
    add me to the list that can't wait to see them knit up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous pattern! I can't wait to see your mantel at Christmas time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. mine will definitely be loved for years!! i like the deep purple for you and the blue for TMO

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs