April 21, 2010

Movin' on Up

Up the stairs that is. In the remodel department. The next major home improvement is new carpeting on the stairs and landing and flooring upstairs in the bed and bath rooms. I have decided upon the bedroom flooring but so far JB is not in agreement. Rather sad because I chose the carpet color based on the flooring. They are installing the carpet next week while JB is still off work. Because of the way the carpet was installed and how the new carpet will be installed he wanted the old carpet out first so he had time to paint prior to the install. Yesterday was prep work, today is painting.

6 comments :

  1. We've gotten as far as ripping up the moldy carpet in the basement...... to find a layer of tile that needs to come up next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our stairs have looked like that for months...Tom has 3 left to lay down the hardwood...maybe today will be the day??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least he's staying busy while he's off work, right? Only once have I not gone with the color I chose initially for a room....back in 1983. I liked the second color better. My dearly beloved doesn't try to second guess me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Onward and upward! What happens if you just order the flooring you picked?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see how it looks with all the new materials you chose, soo glad you went with cork! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...all that stuff sounds so familiar. lol I've been a bad blogger, though. I keep forgetting to take pictures to document.

    I bet it will turn out gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs