September 20, 2010

Orange Box Jewelry


My friend Anna, has a friend, Krissy who makes jewelry.

When I got the current issue of Vogue Knitting, it was not a knitting pattern that caught my attention, but rather the necklace shown on page 87.  I loved it, I wanted it from the first glance.  But this mag is about knitting - not fashion accessories, so how would I get it?

Well - I took the mag to Krissy and told her I wanted it.  She looked at me, looked at where the necklace fell and said it will be ready next week.

The next Saturday I went back to the Edmonds Market to see Krissy.  She handed me a little box and inside was my new favorite necklace.  It's fabulous.  Identical to the one in the magazine.  It is one necklace and there is a little key on the back closure as well.  I didn't hang the necklace on Lou very well, but normally all the strands hange more twisted together.  Each chain is different and there are even several different chains on the single chain side.

I love it.  You can have one too - if you contact Krissy.  This is my second piece of orange box jewelry - the first is made of vintage pieces.  Neither was horribly expensive.

6 comments :

  1. Stunning! When I went to my jewelry making class in the spring, the other gal brought some vintage keys she'd picked up somewhere and make a neat necklace. I like the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've admired several necklaces I've seen on TV lately. I need to try making some of them. I have a 'key' necklace that my Mom gave me many years ago. I'm glad to see it's back in style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's wonderful that you know people who can - and will - do things like that! So it looks like you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just added her shop to my etsy faves. Gorgeous stuff!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs