November 2, 2010

Sew Serendipity

This is not the post I had in mind for today, but it's the one I'm sharing.
A couple of weeks ago I bought this book.  I have long admired skirts made from this book.
And most of you know I have a long standing love of the crazy print skirt.
And as much as I love the styling in the book and on Kay Whitt's blog -
I don't think I can pull off the 5 different print skirts. 
I might try making up her pattern, but I think I'll do it one print at a time.
The eye candy in this book is fabulous.  It's fabulous bedside glancing through.
If you're looking for inspiration - this will provide it.

8 comments :

  1. Why can't you pull it off?! That's ALMOST cute enough to make my sewing spark perk up again... but not quite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I don't weigh in on sewing matters (except the aprons and pearls thing - - that was too good to pass up), but I don't see why you can't pull off the five different prints? You look mucho cuto in the wild print skirts, and you love them. So do it. I order you.
    And this is coming from Miss Black, White & Grey, so you know it's real!
    Anon Miss D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too. Why not the five print skirt? I think with some of the coordinated prints available it would be adorable. Live dangerously!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have trouble mixing patterns, too. But I'm working up the nerve to try it, maybe with godets between skirt panels. If I do, will you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I'm with Chan. Why can't you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great looking book! I might have to see if I can find that one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the skirt on the cover! I think you need to try one at least once before you decide!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs