February 1, 2011

Straight Skirt

 
The skirt is done! 

Sunday after getting back home again - I made it downstairs to finish up the skirt.  It seemed to take much longer than it should have.  I found some cotton to make the yoke facing, pulled out some interfacing and put that together.

I trimmed the side seams to 5/8 and interfaced the left side seams and put in an invisible zipper.  I had JB help me mark the hem, it looks uneven on the counter - but hangs level on me.

I don't have anything to wear with it.  So, I pulled this lovely jersey from the stash and I think I'll make a twin set (sleeveless turtleneck and cardi) from this knit to go with the skirt.   The last time I made the sleeveless turtleneck from KS - I had a gap in the armhole, so I'll need to rotate the dart our of the armhole to the sideseam and gather it in.  Maybe next weekend.

13 comments :

  1. Skirt looks good and I think that knit will make a great top / set to coordinate with the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing your skirt! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you did it! Look at you getting out of your a-line comfort zone. ;) I can't wait to see the whole outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Looks great! Don't you love it when one project spawns another one?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! The twinset will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the floral fabric with the skirt! And now that you've gotten this one to work, you should just start pulling out fabric and making skirts. Believe me once you've made it several times, it will come so natural to you and become and important yet easy to make garment in your wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that fabric would make a great twinset to go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're looking good! I'm always impressed with folks who get stuf done...I thought about sewing...that's as far as it got. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The skirt is really pretty. It occurred to me on Sunday when I was putting in one of the 8 darts that went into a dress I was working on that sometimes I put 2 darts in the back of a skirt when it's too big at the waist, so I don't have too much taper at a side seam. Duh! I love the jersey; it will make a great twinset. The whole thing is perfect together.

    Oh, and what Carolyn said. Make the skirt again so you'll be happy making it, and have several!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the skirt and the fabric to be. Totally things I'd wear!

    ReplyDelete
  11. the skirt looks great, and now i cannot wait to see the twinset! good job G!
    ~veedogknitter

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks beautiful. How do you like it? Does it feel good?

    I'm scanning some pics for you and will send them later.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like it ! But the important question is 'do you' ? Will it become a TNT ?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs