April 5, 2011

Shirt Dress

Sneak peak of my shirt dress. It still needs to be washed to get the markings out and pressed again.

I just bought a fabulous little white cardigan which looks great with this dress. 

It does not flare out at the center front on me, but those drag lines from the bust to the hip do exist.  I'm not going to worry about it - because the dress fits. 

I was under the impression that Lou was now smaller than me.  I have learned fitting this dress and putting it on her  - that this isn't completely true.  My hips are bigger but her bust is bigger than mine.  Not fair.

I lucked out and found perfect buttons for this dress.  However - they could be a bit closer to the center front of the dress.  Again - not going to worry about it. 

10 comments :

  1. Very pretty... and it screams "bring on summer!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute, springy/summery dress. And having the perfect little sweater for it? Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet!! Now, if only it will warm up and show you some sunshine?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't think it would flare out at the hem, because you move and Lou doesn't! It's really cute; I hope spring follows it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute pattern and fabric. Be sure to show us a shot when you're wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the dress! Very pretty, indeed.

    Question for ya; where do you get cotton lawn, or something along those lines? I've looked on line, but don't have much experience buying fabric off the internet. Jo-Ann Fabrics is so hit or miss sometimes.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute dress ! Very pretty and springy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty fabric, a good shape and lovely collar. I like the length and think this dress will be very flattering on you. And you've found the perfect little cardigan too - well done all round, dear Gaylen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesomeness! : ) Can't wait to see it on you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is really cute, G!! Well done!
    ~veedogknitter

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs