January 23, 2012

Cape May

I'm stepping into the way back machine and carrying on with the November vacation recap.  After several days in Washington DC we went to Annapolis, MD.  From there - we took the ferry to Cape May, New Jersey.

I'm telling you - JB and I fell in love.  What a lovely little town.  However, we were there the night before Thanksgiving.  Honestly, if we didn't have to pick up The Princess in Philadelphia at the train station and have plans for Thanksgiving Dinner - we would have stayed and explored the town. 

As it was, we stayed in this fabulous Bed and Breakfast in Cape May.  We are now trying to figure out when we can get back to the New Jersey Shore (in the off-season, of course) and explore more of the East Coast.  Are there any little coastal towns we must see? 

6 comments :

  1. I haven't been, but it sounds delightful. There are so many fabulous little coastal towns...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cape May is lovely with all the wonderful architecture. There are lots of great places to visit on the East Coast. You'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those Victorian buildings! We've never actually made it to Cape May; the traffic is just too terrible during the warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When my husband and I were on our honeymoon in Atlantic City, we visited Cape May! I loved it, save for the yarn store (I thought that the sales lady was really rude.)

    Glad to hear that you enjoyed yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't been to much of the East Coast, so I would like to see it ALL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I grew up in south Jersey and spent lots of time in Ocean City. I'm sure it's changed over the years but it is the defintion of a seaside town for me. There's a boardwalk to stroll with shops and food (fudge, ice cream, Taylor pork roll!). The town is dry so is "unspoiled" by bars, night clubs and liquor stores. They may also have the "Blue Laws" where most stores are closed on Sunday and you can only buy limited things. It's very much a family town. Ah, I miss it!

    If you go, you must also venture over to Margate, NJ (just south of Atlantic City) to visit Lucy the Elephant. Not a real elephant!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs