January 9, 2013

Vacations 2012



In 2012 we were lucky and managed to take 3 different trips. 

In May we went to Connecticut to watch The Princess graduate from design school - finally!  We also got to meet the boy's parents and took a fabulously fun side trip to Mystic and Newport. 

JB and I also took the train into New York and had dinner with Carolyn and managed to connect and go out for a drink with Bonnie

In August we took a road trip to Yellowstone National Park and the Grand Tetons.  JB had never been to Yellowstone.

It's an amazing place and if you've never been and nature amazes you - go.  Please.  You won't regret the time spent there. 

One day in Wyoming at the Grand Tetons I finally saw a moose in the wild.  This is a momma and she had a baby close by.  Huge, huge animal.  Incredibly beautiful.  I'd still like to see a bull moose, but I can die a happy woman now.  Check that off the bucket list. 

Finally in October we took a birthday trip to Las Vegas.  JB had bought a big bad car earlier in the year and it came with a driving class.  He was quite excited about going and only a tiny bit disappointed.  He wanted to just drive as fast as he could around the oval - a la nascar - and that wasn't this class.  But he did have fun and we spent his birthday at the training school. 

We also manage to take a couple of little weekend trips closer to home - I can finally say I've been to Snoqualmie Falls.  Lived here all my life and never visit the big 'tourist sights'.  Isn't that the way?  Well we are slowly checking those off the list.

2012 was a good year for us and travel.  Not sure what 2013 will hold - but there are rumors about something tropical and a 50th birthday.  


9 comments :

  1. Big fun! But what I love best is the bottom left photo of you in your header. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vacation? What's that? Something tropical sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice new header! Enjoy your "something tropical", and everything else that comes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new look of your blog page! And what a great year you've had! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great fun and such a variety of destinations!

    I love Yellowstone, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO much fun to read your recap! You sewed up a storm too all year!
    I dont even sew and I love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A tropical holiday to plan for - start up your sewing machine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the new header for your blog! I totally agree about Yellowstone. I was there when I was only about 11 years old but I still remember so much because it was so impressive and beautiful. Someplace tropical *grin* how delightful ~ can't wait to hear where you are going :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have no idea if my comment was saved or when "poof" into the internet space... Just a quick hello to tell you I love your new blog header and I agree about Yellowstone ~ everyone should go!!! Can't wait to hear where you are going in the tropics :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs